WellDatabase Privacy Principles
At WellDatabase, we understand the trust you place in us and our responsibility to protect your privacy and personal data. As part of this responsibility, we’ll tell you what information we collect, why we collect it, and how we’ll use it to improve your experience.
We have 3 privacy principles that describe how we approach the privacy of the customer’s information:
- Protect the customer’s privacy and data
- Use information we collect only to provide meaningful and useful services to our customers
- Provide transparency in the collection of the customer’s data
At WellDatabase our goal is to provide our customers with a valuable service that allows them to improve their effectiveness and efficiency. We are not a marketing, advertising, or personal information aggregation service. We will never use customer information, without explicit consent, for any purpose other than improving their personal/companies’ effectiveness
Information we collect and how we use it
In order to better serve our customers, we require a login to utilize all services provided by WellDatabase. As a part of our registration we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a WellDatabase Account, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password), as well as credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in an encrypted format on secure servers.
- Historical metrics – WellDatabase collects historical information regarding all of your interactions with the WellDatabase website and services for the purpose of providing users with metrics such as how many wells they have viewed.
- Analytics for Organizations – WellDatabase analytic and reporting information that is developed based on users’ activity may be rolled up for high level reporting, but ONLY within an organization. WellDatabase will never share analytics information outside of your organization unless all identifying information has been removed.
- Log information – When you access WellDatabase services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to WellDatabase, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our services
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our systems
- Protecting the rights or property of WellDatabase or our users
- Developing new services
Choices for personal information
When you register to become a user of WellDatabase, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some WellDatabase features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
WellDatabase only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of WellDatabase in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of WellDatabase, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who have certain types of accounts, or how many hours users spend looking up information on the site. Any such information will never identify you or your company individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to user information to WellDatabase employees, contractors and agents who require access to that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of customer data that cannot be resolved between WellDatabase and the user.